Submitting Artwork for Review
Our submissions policy has changed; please review the following instructions.
Art One Gallery, Inc. represents students from across the US as well as local, emerging Arizona artists. If you would like to be represented by Art One, feel free to submit a portfolio for us to review.
We ask to represent artists exclusively in Arizona. Additionally, one of the goals of Art One is to enable average-income people to afford to purchase original art, so our price point for incoming artists usually has a ceiling of about $850 retail. Our high end, seasoned artists sell around $1500. We realize some artists aren’t comfortable with that price point, but we are here primarily to get people started on a career in art.
Here are some guidelines when it comes to assembling your portfolio for submission to our gallery:
1) Art One accepts submissions in the form of CD or USB Drive only; we no longer accept e-mail submissions. Please do not contact the gallery regarding your submission; if we are interested we will contact you!
2) Only submit artwork produced in the past 12 months.
3) Make sure everything is available and for sale.
4) Included with your artwork should be a separate sheet that lists (for each piece) the title, medium, size and price (what you would like to be paid).
5) We would also like to see a biography and artist statement.
6) Make sure to indicate if you are a student or non-student.
7) Don’t forget to include your contact information!
8) Lastly, please review the Art One Gallery website, and/or come in person, to ensure that your pieces would be a good fit for Art One!
The only way that Art One Gallery accepts submissions is by the delivery of a disc or USB by hand or through the mail. We do not accept e-mail submissions.
Art One Gallery – Submission
4130 North Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
If you deliver your portfolio by hand to the gallery, realize that we are not able to review portfolios in person. Feel free to leave it with any employee on staff. Please understand that CDs will not be returned.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are unable to contact every artist regarding their portfolio. We select work, not on our personal tastes, but that for which we have clientele; and we will contact you if you are a good fit for our gallery.
If you have been selected to show with Art One and you bring your work to the gallery, please make sure that it’s wired and ready to hang on our walls. Any work that isn’t ready to hang up on our walls will be sent back to you and the show will be rescheduled.
Thanks for submitting!